The ESports Series: Should you get in the Game?
Understanding the Economics and the Explosion in Esports & Gaming
Wednesday, April 7th, 2021 @ 4pm PST (1.5 hours)
Free for MITEF members; $10 Non-members; $5 Non-member student
***MITEF San Diego members will receive a separate communication with discount code**
Meeting info provided upon registration.
Whether you realized it or not, Esports and Gaming are in the mainstream. This is great news because there are many opportunities to enter the ecosystem. The question is how, where, and when? In this session, we are going to take a deep dive into the economics of the esports and gaming industry, explore where those opportunities have been, currently are, and where they may be going.
Our panelists have experience across the ecosystem, wearing multiple hats including as investors, developers, publishers, branding and marketing, economic development, and legal experts. On April 7, they’ll join us to discuss:
- What is driving industry growth?
- What drives industry contraction?
- Is this a sustainable revenue model? How do you future proof it?
- How has COVID impacted the industry – or has it?
- Asante Bradford, Project Manager for Digital Entertainment and Emerging Media, Georgia Department of Economic Development
- Gayatri Sarkar, Founder, She-VC
- Giovanna Fessenden, Counsel, Hamilton Brook Smith Reynolds
- Jamie King, Head of Esports, EVP, Engine Shop
Visit Our Website to stay updated on future programs.
We look forward to connecting with you,
The Chapter Executive Committee & Advisory Board
MIT Enterprise Forum-San Diego Chapter