Chronic pain is big business. Over 100 million Americans suffer from chronic pain accounting for over $500 Billion annually in treatments and lost productivity. And, the primary solution is addictive pharmaceuticals. No wonder the U.S. has an opioid crisis that causes 80 deaths every day.
Our program is a Case Study of Oska Wellness.
Oska is a medical device company that is disrupting the chronic pain management market with a clinically proven, non-invasive, non-drug, wearable technology that relieves pain, inflammation and improves mobility with no side effects. Oska intends to change the way people who suffer from chronic pain manage their pain and live better lives.
Oska Wellness presentation by:
Greg Houlgate, Founder, Chief Product and Business Development Officer
“BOARD OF DIRECTORS”
Kathleen Glass, Founder & CEO, Oinkodomeo
Tyson McDowell, Managing Partner, Lead Wingman Venture Studio
Summer Rogers, Startup CEO; Serial Entrepreneur
Scott Silverman, CEO, Crisis Coach, Confidential Recovery
Oska Underlying Science, Technology and IP
The wearable Oska® Pulse is powered by Pulsed Electromagnetic Field technology (PEMF) utilized for decades in clinics to stimulate tissue growth and reduce pain. Its efficacy is supported by over 10,000 clinical studies. PEMF acts at the cellular level to restore the electrical potential across membranes to stimulate cellular metabolism.
Oska has developed a unique application of PEMF Technology:
- Miniaturized in a wearable device with single button operation allowing extended outpatient treatment.
- Invented a unique multi-frequency protocol targeted at key cell types designed to accelerate the resolution of the body’s inflammatory response and reduce pain.
- Designed a HIPAA Compliant pain tracking application and cloud service to integrate into electronic healthcare records and provide real-time pain management insights and treatment guidance.
- The Consumer Direct channel consists of the company website and premium medical verticals like FSAStore.com.
- The Healthcare Provider Channel includes medical practices and hospitals called on by direct sales, independent reps and distributors.
Presentation by: Greg Houlgate, Founder, Chief BD & Product Officer, OSKA
Top Two Challenges:
1) Inspiring Trust from Consumers/Patients and from Physicians/Healthcare Providers to accelerate adoption
2) Post-sales compliance in culture that expects immediate relief, with extended need for use to achieve results and integration into a patient’s life style
The Case Study Format
Many of the issues encountered by start-ups are quite similar. Learn new solutions for your business through our case study program. The company will present an Executive Overview and their key challenges. Then an assembled “Board of Directors” takes over and suggests possible solutions. But you can too — the audience often sees even better solutions.
Greg Houlgate / Founder, Board Member, Chief Product and Business Development Officer
5:30: Registration, Networking, food and drinks
7:30: Audience Q & A
8:00: Program Concludes, Networking, Coffee & Dessert until 8:30
REGISTRATION & COST
MITEF Members and MITEF Sponsors: Free
MIT Alums: $50
NOTE: Online Registration ends at 11AM, the day of the event. If you register online after 11AM, you will be charged $75, the on-site price. NO REFUNDS after July 15.
PAYPAL is our payment processor and accepts ALL MAJOR Credit Cards.