As California pursues its goal of 60% renewable energy by 2030 and 100% zero-carbon electricity by 2045, capturing and storing renewable energy resources will be critical in ending the state’s dependence on fossil fuels and meeting ambitious climate change goals. In the San Diego region, cities are adopting climate action plans calling for 100% renewable energy by as soon as 2035. Rapidly accelerating progress in energy storage is bringing us closer than ever to achieving a cleaner, more resilient grid and pollution-free transportation. Join us as we explore a variety of the most innovative storage developments and deployments including:
- Materials science research in the lab
- Spin-off startup companies
- SDG&E utility deployments
- Large commercial and industrial customer deployments
- Major investors and developers
We’ve partnered with Cleantech San Diego to provide an overview on energy innovation and storage, and to moderate the panel.
- Stephen T. Johnston, Growth Development Manager, San Diego Gas & Electric
- Mike Ferry, Director of Energy Storage and Systems, Center for Energy Research, UC, San Diego
- Josh Gerber, Founder & Principal, 33 North Energy
- Marc Trahand, Executive VP Marketing, Nuvve Corporation
- Cyrus Rustomji, CEO & Founder, South 8 Technologies
MODERATOR: Marty Turock, Strategic Projects Consultant, Cleantech San Diego
5:30: Registration, Networking, food and drinks
7:30: Audience Q & A
8:00: Program Concludes, Networking, Coffee & Dessert until 8:30
REGISTRATION & COST
MITEF Members and MITEF Sponsors: Free
MIT Alums: $50
NOTE: Online Registration ends at 11AM, the day of the event. If you register online after 11AM, you will be charged $75, the on-site price. NO REFUNDS after March 18.
PAYPAL is our payment processor and accepts ALL MAJOR Credit Cards.